Wednesday, April 11, 2007

To blog or not to blog

One thing that I’ve recently realized is that I either need to get on with this blog or forget it.

What is paralyzing me?

I read a variety of blogs every day. And I think I’ve finally figured it out. Perhaps that is my problem. I need to focus my attention on my own space. That is not to say that I should become some kind of blog hermit, rather that I should stop focusing on my own inadequacies and begin writing about my accomplishments. The purpose of establishing this place was to motivate myself to accomplish more, not to magnify my shortcomings (to myself).

I read about awe-inspiring creative art/knitting/crochet/quilting/needlepoint as well as bloggers who read an infinite number of interesting books, garden, cook and write brilliantly. Do any of these prolific overachievers have a full time job? Just saying.

I am a perfectionist and a procrastinator. This is not a good combination. If I can’t do everything perfectly well, then I don’t do anything.

I am a slow knitter, but I do it well. I can write when I put my mind to it. I have a demanding job, but they like me there and I don’t mind going in most days.

I am going to give this blog thing my attention for awhile to determine if it really will help me the way I initially thought. No one comes here except me anyway, so it’s not as though I have anything to lose. And, in my own defense, a lot has happened in the past year. I will write more about that later.

Now on to thinking about my next blog post.

1 comment:

The Gyrl said...

Yes, yes ...
The Perfectionist and Procrastinator also house their opposites' potential. You are both inspiring and relatable. Keep blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...