Thursday, January 08, 2009

Amazing Persistence

Just when I was thinking about how this photo-a-day project was getting to be some work, I ran across a blog entry about a man, Jamie Livingston, who took a Polaroid each day from March 31, 1979 through October 25, 1997. You can read more about it at the Mental Floss blog. It includes other links about this man, including a link to a website containing all of the pictures he took over those years.

Some people are good at keeping journals. This was his photographic diary. I’ve been thinking about what an interesting legacy Jamie Livingston left. Somewhere I read that we all create our own masterpiece in life, he just thought to take pictures of it. I think I’ll continue my photo-a-day project.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...